FOR GRADES 1-7
St. Augustin’s holds weekly religious education classes for grades 1-7 after Mass on most non-holiday weekend Sundays from 1015- 1115 beginning Sunday Sept 11 immediately after the 9:30 am Mass.
Note: For the first day of classes only (Sept 11), we’ll meet in front pews of the Church for a blessing before proceeding to classes.
Our classes are grouped:
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-5, and
- Grades 6-7.
- Registration forms and class schedules are included in this web site.
- In-person registration:
- will be held after on Sunday Sept 11, 2022 immediately after the 9:30 am Mass. (Meet in the front pews of the Church)
- On-line registration:
- Complete registration form post on this web page, scan, email to me at: [email protected]
- Fees (for materials):
- $35.00 for 1 child/family
- $45.00 for 2 children/family
- $55.00 for 3 for 3 or more kids/family
- Please bring check at in-person registration or mail check to: St Augustin’s Church, P.O. Box 357, Attn: Religious Education Program, Newport, RI 02840
Blessings to all,
Shawn W. Burns, Ed.D.
St. Augustin’s Religious Education Coordinator
2022-2023 Religious Education Registration Form
2022-2023 Religious Education Schedule
PENANCE AND FIRST EUCHARIST
The Second Grade is prepared for both the sacrament of Penance and Holy Communion. Participation in First Grade Religious Education is a prerequisite.
We have a shared Confirmation program for all St. Mary’s and St. Augustin’s students held at St. Mary’s Parish.
2021 Confirmation Registration Form
2021 Candidate Commitment Form
2021 Confirmation Sponsor Qualifications
2021 Confirmation Sponsor Form